Friday 20 November 2015

Terror! (2nd part)


I wasn’t going to talk about it again. At least not for a few days. Today I am not going to post my usual daily “quote”, I’m really not in the mood. This afternoon I saw the identical obsession about Paris on the network I usually watch: I’m beginning to wonder how long it will last. I don’t want to minimize, on the contrary. But we must be very careful in not giving the wrong-headed responses to terrorism. I don’t mean France should withdraw from the international effort against ISIS, I don’t mean there aren’t peacemakers. But on the other hand it’s also wrong to exacerbate the problem declaring the only answer is tougher language, tougher action, even accusing refugees. The crisis must be alleviated, not aggravated.

Not because I’m saying it, but because we already know what happens if we follow that tragic path. Try to achieve total security (impossible) by eliminating all threats (impossible) only makes things worse. 9/11 = invasion of Iraq = a Country destroyed = tribal wars = total mess = rise of ISIS = Paris. Maybe written this way is clear enough.

Exploit terrorism, refugees and Paris for political gain, kill more civilians along the way to put it into practice, isn’t very clever: it just do wonders for terrorists, which are ALREADY thanking that particular network because it’s playing into their hands. Terrorism can’t and won’t destroy our civilization (as I said in part one), but global warming will! There are other issues to talk about. Thank God now the President is Obama and not “someone” else.

Again, not because I’m saying it (a poor nescient), wherefore the damage is already done: America is shutting doors to refugees, fear is spreading, proud traditions abandoned, generosity disappeared, international credibility lost, moral authority thrown away. Why?! It was once a nation of courageous people. Refugees don’t want to leave their Country, they have no choice and America is making them the enemy: have terrorists achieved their goals with just a fake passport stolen to a real, poor refugee? Oh my! Oh my! Is that easy?! Facts count, facts. Not speculations.

They want to divide the world between Muslims and non-Muslims. Between defenders and attackers of Islam. Whereas we are SO much better! 

What is the goal of terrorists, why do we call them that way? To inspire terror. I’M NOT terrorized. Parisians ARE NOT. Stop broadcasting terror 24/7: don’t let them win.

….Always humble,

Angiolino


No comments:

Post a Comment